Austin and his family arrived yesterday and are here to stay for 9 days for the Thanksgiving holiday--Hurray! When we woke up this morning, we were greeted with a dusting of snow. Claire was so excited! She wanted to go outside right that very minute and we had to convince her to eat breakfast and get dressed first. Austin and Melissa went outside with her and I stayed in the house with Camille.
Good thing Melissa brought hats and gloves!
Claire immediately picked up a little handful of snow and squished it. It was cold!
Claire was having such a good time and gave us many smiles for the pictures Austin was taking.
Claire thought it was fun to stomp in the snow.
I think Claire loves the snow! I think she is really a Colorado girl at heart.
Last weekend we had a storm that brought 3 inches of snow and this pile was what was left. I was wishing that storm would have come while Claire was here so we could have built a snowman. To us Coloradoans, the few flakes we got this morning is hardly worth mentioning, but it was fun to see Claire get so excited about it.
Melissa showed Claire how to gather up a handful and make a snowball.
So then Claire wanted to try...
And this is how it turned out!
I am thankful for the changing of the seasons. I am always ready for cooler weather and love to wear sweaters and boots during the winter. I also look forward to summer and the warm days when we can do so many outdoor activities. Each season brings its own beauty. I don't mind the snow, it makes everything so pretty when there is enough of it to cover the ground and the trees. I don't even mind driving in the snow if it's just around town. Going to Denver or into the mountains can be treacherous, and we've had our share of those experiences. I am thankful for the beauty of this earth and I am glad Claire enjoyed the snow. I am grateful for the pure joy children get out of such little things.












No comments:
Post a Comment