Jana Gunnell, Kim Perry, Kim's friend Jan, and I went hiking in Castlewood Canyon. It is close to home, only 15 or 20 minutes away. It is one of my favorite places to hike. We took the 5 mile loop up to the dam that broke many years ago. Part of the wall is still there.
We stopped for a rest on some big rocks near the dam.
We also saw this small waterfall. It was the perfect fall day for a hike!
About 10 days later we hiked Dawson's Butte down in Larkspur. This is Kim Warcholick, me, and Kim Perry. Kim Perry retired this spring from working with the school in Colorado Springs. She loves doing anything outdoors and knows a lot of great hiking trails. Jana Gunnell was also there and took this picture.
Colorado is such a beautiful place to live! When we returned from hiking, some people were having a picnic at the beginning of the trail. They told us another hiker had just reported seeing a mountain lion attack a deer and asked if we had seen it. Thank goodness the anwer was,"No!" A park ranger was getting out of his truck to go investigate. Jana, Kim Warcholick, and I were a bit scared and were glad this happened at the end of our hike and not the beginning. Kim Perry is very brave and said she wouldn't let that stop her. I'm glad I have such a brave hiking buddy!





No comments:
Post a Comment