Sunday, December 25, 2022

It's Christmas!!


Christmas morning and we are ready!


The Christmas morning lineup will always be a requirement no matter the age. Just two this year. Britta and Kade are with Kade's family this year.


Ryan checks out the living room to find his stocking and pile of goods.


He was quite surprised by this leather jacket to wear while motorcycle riding.


This batman puzzle is going to be a fun one to put together.


 A Bluetooth speaker for her phone was at the top of Denya's list. She's been extra good this year, so her wish came true.


Maybe this is the year of the puzzle. Cats and books-Denya's two favorite things!


Ryan's jacket fits perfectly!


I got some air pods!! I've wanted to try some for a long time. It will be so nice to talk on the phone and do other things with my hands. I begged Santa to let me have them early, so I've actually used them a couple of times and they are amazing!! Made me wonder why I didn't get some sooner!!


Delwyn got a new kindle! His old one is about to die and sometimes it won't power up, so he is very happy. He plays Words with Friends with his sisters, plays Solitaire, and googles all the things he wants to learn about, like car repairs.


Christmas is on Sunday this year, so we are off to church!


 Claire was singing a solo in Sacrament Meeting, "If I Had Been in Bethlehem," so we went to their ward. She did an amazing job! Her voice was so loud, and clear, and innocent, it brought tears to my eyes. Music can touch me deeply and this moment made my whole Christmas. The whole program was really, really good. They have a big ward choir and the music was just excellent. 
The girls were adorable in their matching dresses!


I wanted to take a picture of all the girls, but Maddie wasn't having it.


She was hiding by the water fountain and no amount of coaxing or bribing could get her to come and stand by her sisters. She can be very stubborn when she wants to be.


After several minutes, for some reason she changed her mind and starting inching forward.


She looked at the wall most of the time, but would occasionally sneak a look over her shoulder.


When she got to her sisters, she was happy and smiling. What a silly girl!


She was finally happy and agreeable to taking pictures. I sure love these girls!!


Ryan gave her a piggy back ride to the car and that gave her the biggest smile of all!!


We went to Austin's house after church to see the girl's presents and to take them our gifts. It takes too long at the present opening party for the name draw. Claire got this scooter and she is sooo excited about it!!


A nerf gun in each hand and I'd say she's pretty happy about it.


Emma is ready to feed the baby dolls.


The grandkids all LOVE the minky blanket that Adrienne gave me this summer. They are always begging to use it and sleep with it when they spend the night, so I decided to make one for each of the older kids. I bought the fabric during the Thanksgiving sales, and I had so much fun making them. I let them all open theirs at the same time.


. Claire's is this mint green with a gray and white checkered backing.


Millie's is a flower print with hunter green on the back.


Maddie's is a bluish gray. They were all so happy and snuggled up in them the whole time we were there. They are super soft!


Of course Grandpa had to tease that he was stealing Claire's blanket. You can see her hand pulling it off and she was saying, "No way! Give that back!"


I gave Emma this Fisher Price little people car. I thought she might be too little for a blanket. She liked the car, 


but she also liked the blankets and Maddie was so sweet to let Emma use hers. Silly me! I should know the younger kids love to be like the big kids. 


I thought a blanket might not be that much fun, so I also gave the kids a toy. Maddie got this mouse backpack.






Millie is busy opening


a stuffed animal sewing kit!


Claire also got one. Melissa has taught them some sewing basics and they made stuffed animals for Dagny for her birthday, so I thought they might enjoy these.


Denya had a blast holding Emma! She is usually a mommy's girl and won't have anyone else when Melissa is around, so it was Denya's lucky day for sure.


Emma even let Ryan hold her! Maybe she was too interested in the toy to care who had her.


Good things come in small boxes, right??


It's a note!!


For a leather jacket for motorcycle riding! We got the idea too late to order one, so he got a note. Haha!


This is my old stand by when it comes to a gift for Melissa. She loves Ross, so a gift card is perfect. Sometimes I think I should come up with another idea, but she loves it so much, I just keep sticking with it.


They gave me this Function of Beauty shampoo. You can buy different booster shots like strengthen, deep condition, volumize, color protection, etc., to customize your shampoo. You can add up to three. They smell like peach! I'm so excited to try it out!


Then it was back home to open our presents since we didn't have time before Austin's church.


Denya was very excited about her gift to Ryan and I love her smile as she watched him open it.


It's really hard to see in the picture, but they are glasses with guitars etched on them! So fun! Denya always finds the best gifts!


Ryan got a free lap top computer earlier this year. He already has a great computer, so he gave it to Delwyn. 


He was pretty happy and started getting it set up right away.


I lost a necklace that I loved in January when we went to Utah to meet Cilene. I've been grumbling about it ever since and Denya got me a new one!!


Some cute notebooks and a journal for Denya, the word bird.


Britta gave Ryan this recipe box filled with recipes! Such a great idea! Ryan was recently saying he needed to get his recipes organized and all in one place.


In October Denya was at the gym and someone broke her back passenger window and took her gym bag that had all her weightlifting supplies in it. She was so mad and disappointed. She hasn't replaced any of her gear yet, and so Ryan got her some new knee sleeves.


Denya was so excited, she jumped over to Ryan and gave him the biggest hug! She was smiling from ear to ear and was just so happy. I think this made her whole Christmas!


Next on the agenda was going over to Landon's to take their presents to them. Landon sent me this picture this morning. Matching pajamas are just so cute!


We gave Landon a puzzle table to match the one he has now. He wants to be able to do 1500 and 2000 piece puzzles and needs more room.


Getting ready to open their minky blankets!


Dagny's is a flower print with pink texture on the back.


I think Lincoln is the grandkid who likes my minky the most. He is always sneaking upstairs to get mine and he was quite excited to have his own. I hope all the kids like their blankets as much as I like mine!


Present time for Megan!


New towels. Not that exciting, but they are thick and fluffy! And Megan said she has been wanting some new towels, so Whew!  A win!


The kids wanted to show us some of their new things. Dagny got a mini sewing machine! I was excited about this and hope it gives her an interest in sewing.


Both of the kids got a camera that prints out a small black and white photo. 


Of course I had to have a group photo.


Last stop of the day was Wade's house. Everlee wasted no time getting her package opened.


She's good at ripping the paper.


A cute stuffed puppy that comes with a carrying case.


Calista's turn.


These two girls play together pretty good most of the time, so I gave them the same thing. 


Wade asked me to make some sleeping bags and pillows for his girls' "My Life As" dolls that are 18 inches tall. They got the dolls last year and are getting some horses and a camper to go with them. Wade sent me this picture this morning of the sleeping bags lined up with the dolls sleeping in them. So cute! I really enjoyed making them. Sewing things at Christmas time really makes the holidays meaningful for me.


Everlee thought the sleeping bags were just her size. Haha!

What a perfect day! So much love, laughter, and happiness. No wonder Christmas is my favorite holiday. I sure love this family of mine and the time we spent together today was priceless. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ and this time of year when we celebrate his birth and remember the love He has for all for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment