Every now and then Colorado gives us a late spring storm that includes a dump of snow. I was a little late getting my flowers planted this year and thought I was safe from any late freezing. Wrong!! You can see I covered all my flowers in front of the fence.
It started out slow,
but by mid-afternoon, it really picked up,
and we ended up with about a foot of snow.
The nice thing about spring storms is that they don't stick much and the porch and steps were all we had to shovel.
I brought all my flowerpots inside. They looked so pretty in the house, and I was glad I brought them in rather than trying to cover them with a tarp and risk squishing them, but I will be happy to put them back outside in a day or two.
Crazy Colorado! It does seem that these May snowstorms are getting more common. It reminded me of when Britta's high school graduation got pushed back a day because of a big snow storm. Good thing we like living so much that we can put up with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment