Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Fall Break


This week is Fall Break and it was fun to have Dagny and Lincoln here again. I miss these two! They do come over after school a couple of days each week. Monday was a really nice day and we played outside a lot.


Dagny doesn't like to ride bikes very much, but she loves to ride scooters. She goes pretty fast and today she was doing tricks by holding up her leg.


I just got a new scooter for Lincoln and he couldn't wait to try it out. He loved the Paw Patrol scooter, but is getting too big for it. Why do kids grow up so fast??


Debbie Dalla, a lady in our ward that Delwyn ministers to, told him that chickens love corn bread and she brought him some several months ago so he could see for himself. And she was right! I love corn bread too and said it's much too good for chickens! Delwyn bought a couple of Jiffy Mix corn breads and baked it for his chickens. He let the kids help him feed some to them.


The chickens practically ate it out of their hands!


Lincoln loves to check the eggs and wants to check every time he's here. Two for today.


Dagny and Lincoln love to go on walks, so after Everlee's nap we headed out for our favorite loop. Up to the resting rock, across to the high school, down through the south parking lot, through the alley, and back home. Dagny likes to take a stroller and be like me.


Delwyn was home today and he came on the walk with us. Lucky Grandpa to be surrounded by such cute kids!


Pushing her stroller.


When we got home, Calista wanted a turn with the stroller and she went around the circle a couple of times. I'm so glad we live on cul de sac, a perfect place to ride bikes and scooters with hardly any traffic.


On Tuesday we went to Story Time at the library. Dagny and Lincoln were so excited--they love the library. One day they saw the library books and said, "Grandma, did you go to the library without us?" in such a disbelieving voice. They were a little grumpy when I said, 'Yes, you have to go school." They go to the library at school, but I guess it's not quite the same. They loved the story time books, songs, and dances. Lincoln looked at some books, 


and Dagny did a puppet show.


The kids are loving playing with the baby dolls lately. We went outside again on Wednesday and they each wanted to bring a doll.


Calista has always loved dolls. Quite often she brings one from home. She wraps them up in kitchen towels and carries them around (I better get some doll blankets made!), and sometimes she puts them in Britta's bed for a nap telling me, "Shhh, baby asleep." She also takes one with her everyday at naptime. She's such a cute little mother!


Feeding those hungry babies!


After I took a picture of Calista on the top of the slide with her doll, Dagny and Lincoln wanted me to take one of them on the slide too. I'm always happy to take pictures, so of course I did.


Why do kids like to play in the dirt so much?? Lincoln and Calista always want to dig. Some day I hope to have sand which will brush off easier and not be quite so dirty and messy.


 The kids were so proud of this tall tower they built. They let go of if and it actually stood for several seconds before it fell over.
Sometimes I just want to stop time for a bit. The kids are pretty easy going and play with just about anything. I'm not looking forward to the days when they say they're bored and there's nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment