Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Dagny's Kindergarten Graduation



The school year is over!! What  a year it was!! One to remember for sure! Dagny loved learning and kindergarten. She can read simple books! I watched and helped with the whole process, but I'm still mystified about how kids learn to read. Dagny's class is having two graduations, one at the park and a virtual one. Ms. Addler had such cute decor for photos. The little cap and gown are adorable!


I'm a proud grandma! Proud of Dagny for learning so much doing school on line and proud of myself that I learned so much about technology and was able to help her be successful.
`

Ms. Addler is definitely one of my favorite teachers ever! She is so kind, cheerful, positive, and goes the extra mile to make learning fun for her students. I felt like I got to know her better than parents know most of their kid's teachers because I saw her face, heard her voice and watched her teach every week day via computer. She is so genuine and I could tell she really loves and cares about her students.
There wasn't a graduation ceremony, just a picnic and playing at the park. It was so fun for the kids to meet each other in person after a whole school year. Kids are so resilient and make friends easily. Watching them play like they were old friends you would never guess this was their first time seeing each other in person.


Tuesday was the virtual graduation. Ms. Addler delivered these cute graduation caps for the kids to wear.


A different graduation for sure! First up was the Pomp and Circumstance Graduation March music. 


It's hard to read, but her whiteboard says, "Ms. Addler loves you!"


Ms. Addler had parents submit a couple of pictures they had taken during the year and used them to make a slide show.


She included pictures from holidays.


This was the Valentine's Day Party and Dagny was sorting Sweethearts.


These kids accomplished so much!






Everything about the slide show was super cute!



She featured a photo of each student along with a self portrait they drew. I love her lips and eyelashes!



Ms. Addler gave the students a diploma yesterday. It was rolled up and tied with a ribbon. Congratulations Dagny!!I


Dagny also got glasses over the weekend. I love the pink color. They are definitely her style.


I loved Ms. Addler and wanted to give her something special to show our gratitude for her, so I made her a Levi quilt. We took it to Sage Canyon Elementary and she met us outside. She got a little emotional when she saw the blanket and said how much handmade gifts mean to her. I told her to use it, wash it, and enjoy it.
Dagny had a great kindergarten year in spite of all the restrictions and differences from a normal school year. Thank you Ms. Addler for everything! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment