Friday, January 15, 2021

Everlee is Here!




Everlee Amber Palmer was born on January 12, 2021, weighing 6 lbs 15 oz and 19.5 inches long.


I am so glad this sweet baby is here! Kimberlea has high risk pregnancies and I've been quite worried about both of them. Kimberlea had a racing heart beat, high blood pressure, and had to have a C-section because the placenta was underneath the baby. She's also allergic to a lot of pain medication, so that's rough too.


Proud Dad showing off his new daughter!


Like Calista, Everlee has jaundice and is under the lights. Wade and Kimberlea do not have compatible blood, and both babies have Wade's blood type. The doctors said if her bilirubin levels were higher than 8 she would need to go under the lights and her test came back at 7.9.  They put her under the lights hoping to prevent it from going any higher.


They came home on Friday, January 15. We took dinner over (ham casserole, green salad, and  peanut butter treats) and visited for awhile. She was wide awake and just looking around at everything.


Calista is in love with her new sister and is so gentle with her. She loves to hold her and pat her. It's so sweet.


I got to feed her while we were there and my face says it all. I love to feed babies! Kimberlea is pumping and then they feed her with a bottle. When babies are under the lights, they don't like the parents to take them out even to feed them, so the baby gets used to a bottle and then doesn't want to nurse.


She is a good eater and drank it right up!


I snuggled her up and she went right to sleep. She is so precious!


Wade and Kimberlea had a present from Everlee for Calista to open. After her birthday and Christmas, she knows how to open presents and had it open in no time.


It was a Frozen carriage complete with characters. Calista loves this movie and walks around the house singing, "Into the Unknown". She was running through the house pushing it and smiling like crazy.


Grandpa's turn to hold and love on her. Look at all that dark hair! I think babies with hair are just the cutest! Some of my kids had hair and some were bald.


One of my favorite pictures! 


Cute to the core!


Girl Power! I see lots of nail painting parties in the future.

 

Life doesn't get any sweeter than this! Grandbaby number 7 and I am loving life!

No comments:

Post a Comment