Austin is having a gum graft (He has some receding gums and they are going to take some tissue from the roof of his mouth and sew it onto his gums--ouch!) early tomorrow morning, so the girls are spending the night.
Ready for bed and so excited to be sleeping on the air mattresses!
Millie has a sleep mask, so she put it on and snuggled into her sleeping bag. I was a little surprised, I think a sleeping mask would make me feel claustrophobic, and most kids don't like the dark, but she seemed to love it.
Claire plays hard and by bedtime she is tired and falls asleep quickly.
Claire also has a sleeping mask. It is so soft and furry.
Maddie, on the other hand, was still awake at 10:10 pm! So I got a pillow and blanket and laid on the couch. I think I was asleep before she was!
Millie and Maddie loved the mermaid palace that Santa brought me for Christmas and played with it for a long time.
Claire and I did a puzzle while the little girls played with the mermaids. I love to puzzle, so this made me happy.
These girls love to color and paint, and they ask to do it almost every time they come over.
They are quite meticulous and spend a lot of time on each picture. They stay inside the lines, which is sometimes hard with watercolors, but they work carefully and patiently. I am always happy for new artwork to hang on the fridge.
The kids really wanted to watch "Snow White." They got out their sleeping bags and got comfortable. None of them had seen it before and they were very interested and hardly moved during the whole movie.
Millie and Dagny always play well together. They have the same interests and have so much fun no matter what they do.
We took the girls home after dinner and Austin was doing pretty good. The procedure took longer than Melissa was expecting, but it went well. Austin was very drowsy while they worked on him, and said he couldn't feel much. He has a tray for the roof of his mouth that is kind of like a retainer that he will be wearing for a few days to keep food out of the incision and to help prevent infection. He said the worst part was that he is hungry because he is on a liquid diet for 2 days. I'm glad it's over and I wasn't even the patient!
So fun! I love all the pictures.
ReplyDelete