Britta has been having some chest pains off and on the past few months and she had an appointment with a cardiologist for today. We didn't realize it was so close to her foot surgery when we made the appointment. We didn't want to reschedule because it takes a couple of weeks to get in, and hearts are scary things when they aren't working right! We want to know what is going on. Britta can hardly walk, and she had the great idea to borrow this wheelchair from the Porras family who had it for Amelia.
It was a good thing, because her appointment is at one of the offices next to Sky Ridge, and parking is always so challenging there. We had to park quite a way from the front door.
Driving a wheelchair is not easy and Britta grumped at me several times because I got too close to people or the wall when we were inside. I told her I was doing my best and to just be glad I didn't dump her out like Barry Birchell did to Grandpa one time.
I was not allowed to go the appointment with Britta because of Covid. I was quite grumpy about it because she is still quite young and hearts are serious things. The good news is that her heart is strong and healthy and the doctor thinks her pain might be caused by reflux. Britta has had reflux issues before, she had laryngitis for 3 months when she was 12. She is going to take some over the counter medication and come back in the middle of August. What an adventure! Thankful for the wheelchair, but sure thankful we don't need one on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment