I am determined to go paddle boarding at least a few times this summer. I didn't go at all last year!! Britta is having some surgery on her feet in a couple of weeks and we wanted to make sure we went at least once before that. Lisa Ellis and her husband took their kayaks to Palmer Lake and I saw some pictures. I wanted to go and check it out. I can't believe we have lived here all these years and have never been! Especially since we share the same name! It's not as big as the gravel ponds at Chatfield, and it was a little crowded, but overall it was a fun place and I would definitely go again. The water is somewhat green for whatever reason, you have to look twice at the picture to see the water, but the mountains and the trees make it a pretty place.
All ready to go check out the lake!
Floating around in the middle and talking.
We saw one duck, all by itself. We were a little surprised it didn't have any friends. I got pretty close to it and it was neat to see his feet and how he used them to swim.
;
Ryan and I had a race, and of course he won.
We saw a couple of dead little fish belly up in the water, yes, kind of gross. Ryan flipped one into the back water bottle holder on Britta's kayak and she thought it was so disgusting and wouldn't touch it. The kids were amazed that I would pick it up, but somebody had to get it out of there.
Denya can't decide if she likes paddle boarding or kayaking more. You can go faster in kayaks, but it's fun to stand up too.
Ryan was showing us his supreme balancing skills by holding his oar up above his head. It was so sunny I was having a hard time taking pictures and I almost cut off the oar, you can barely see it above his head. Go Ryan!
Britta wanted to take a little break.
The beach Buddha is a good sport to bring us and watch over us.
My favorite place to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment