Friday, August 24, 2018

August 24


The hardest of all days is here again. Two years. It still hurts like it was last week. I sure miss Blake's laugh, his sense of humor, his gentle nature, but most of all his bear hugs. That boy knew how to hug!
I ordered this pinwheel from Amazon and I wasn't expecting it to be quite so big and colorful. I hope cemetery people don't say it is too bold. We took it down first thing in the morning. There was a little breeze and it made the pinwheel spin. It was so cute, and Dagny and Lincoln were quite impressed with it. 


I was glad we had the kids with us. They make everything a little brighter and happier. The sun peeking through the clouds over our shoulder make it feel like Blake was there too.


A picture to see how it all looks,


and a close up of the pinwheel. I really like it!


Ryan brought this last night--two of Blake's favorite things.


I felt very loved today. The last Sunday in May I was called to be the Relief Society President. Yikes! That's a whole other story. On August 14, Jana Beier age 32, a mother of four very young children, passed away in her sleep, and today was her funeral. When they first said they wanted the funeral on this day, I felt sick to my stomach. But the more I thought about it, that's what Blake would want us to do on this day, serve others. I've said all along that I want to help others the way so many helped me, so here I go. It was a busy day and I spent many hours at the church. It was good to be busy serving others. Tiffany Thompson, one of my counselors, gave me these beautiful flowers.


And Nancy Brown, my other counselor, gave me these cheery flowers. Quite a few people knew that this was the two year mark, and I got lots of hugs and people asking me if I was doing okay. I definitely felt Heavenly Father's love through all of them.


Austin, Melissa, and the girls brought these flowers and chocolate on Sunday. It was so thoughtful of them!


They are just beautiful!
We had pizza and peanut butter ice cream (one of Blake's favorite kinds) for dinner and everyone came over except Austin's family. Melissa's Dad is here and Austin has strep throat. In the middle of the summer! What??! So it turned out to be fairly nice day in spite of the hardness. 


Ryan stayed home from school and spent the day with Jonny, who is in Castle Rock on leave.
After everyone had left, Ryan made some little treats and did some ringing and running and left them on some porches of people who were influential in Blake's life. We sure love and miss you Blake! Can't wait to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment