Today my dream came true! We finally got to go paddle boarding! I got two boards for my birthday and I have been so excited to use them. It took us awhile to figure out how to transport them because they are so long. Delwyn put a cross bar on the trailer and then he used ratchet straps to tie them on. He wanted to come with us the first time to make sure we could load and unload them. Trying to find a day when everyone was available is another challenge. Britta had to work, so she couldn't come. We went to Chatfield Reservoir.
This is Blake's fist time. He wasn't with us when we went two years ago. It takes some practice (and some balance) to stand up, so we started on our knees,
and then slowly stood up.
It is great fun to just glide through the water!
Paddle boards are fun because you can kneel, stand up, sit down, and even lay down.
We also have two kayaks, and Ryan likes them more than the paddle boards.
We tried making a chain. I hooked my oar onto Ryan's kayak and he pulled me for a little bit. Blake was the caboose.
Ryan and Blake decided to switch the kayak and the paddle board, so Ryan came to the shore.
Ryan's turn to paddle board.
Blake and Ryan decided to ride together.
Heading out to the middle of the lake for some fun! We had a great time and I can hardly wait until we can go again!
No comments:
Post a Comment