Blake gave me this fire pit for Christmas and I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to try it out. Tonight was the night! Blake built a rather large fire (I thought).
We sat around the fire and waited for it to die down a little. We enjoyed the warmth and the atmosphere. Blake and Ryan are the only kids home, Britta is at work.
When we couldn't wait any longer, we started roasting marshmallows.
It takes patience to toast a perfect marshmallow. I like mine golden on the outside and warm and gooey all the way through. If you don't take your time, they won't be melted all the way to the middle. Ryan caught his first one on fire, so he just ate it and didn't make it into a s'more.
His second one turned out perfect!
YUM! I see lots of summer nights making s'mores ahead us!
No comments:
Post a Comment