One of the most fun parts of Easter is coloring the eggs.
The egg coloring kit we bought has 9 colors. I hard boiled 21 eggs. We are not huge fans of eating the eggs, so Delwyn usually makes deviled eggs for himself, Landon, and the daughters-in-law.
Britta made Humpty Dumpty.
The last couple of years we have used rubber bands. If you wrap them tightly enough, the dye can't sink underneath it.
We invited Landon and Dagny to dye eggs with us, Megan was at work. Megan had found some fake eggs that were perfect for Dagny because they wouldn't break or crack. She enjoyed coloring a couple of them with crayons.
She used green on this one. Crayons worked great on these eggs, but they didn't take the dye very well. They floated in the water and we tried holding them down with a spoon, but they were very light in color and kind of splotchy.
Landon dyed some eggs too.
He let Dagny help him. She was very interested in it all, and she didn't try to touch it. She was happy to just watch.
Megan had some really fun stickers to make faces on the eggs.
One of the kits also had some yarn to make hair.
Some of the egg holders looked like clothes for the egg people. They were so fun!
Our line up of egg people! This is the first time I've seen these face stickers and I think they are so cute!! I hope I see some next year, it would be a fun tradition.
All dressed up in their Easter best!
I love their smiles.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment