Saturday, August 8, 2015

Douglas County Fair Parade

 
 The Douglas County Fair and Parade is held the second week of August. We love the parade and go every  year! This year Ryan is in the parade as part of the marching band at the High School. He is normally in the pit playing the marimba, but for the parade he played a snare drum. He was so excited! It is his dream to be on the drum line. The drum wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be, but I am sure it will be plenty heavy after carrying it for a mile or two.
 
 
 The marching band was near the beginning of the parade.
 
 
 Ryan did a great job! The band sounded fabulous!
 
 
 The football team always rides on this bus in the parade. Go DC!
 
 
Some of the Sheriff's Department were riding horses. 
 
 
A few years ago, Castle Rock had a town trolley that would stop at different places around town. It is no longer in use, but you can rent it for special occasions.
 
 
 The Rodeo Queen and her attendants are always beautiful on their horses.
 
 
The Cub Scouts and their pinewood derby cars were cute! 
 
 
 There are several karate places in town. One of them had this fun float. We love the parade! It lasts about an hour and has a good variety of entries. I got so busy watching, I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do. It did seem different this year to watch with no kids. Blake and Britta were both lifeguarding, and Ryan was marching, so no kids to collect candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment