Sweet little Dagny has RSV and is in the hospital. Landon texted me Wednesday morning at 6:30 am to say they were on their way to Dr. Stage's office, and he sent them to SkyRidge Hospital. I took these pictures Friday night, and they are going home tomorrow, so she will have been here for 3 and a half days. She has a nasty cough that sounds like it hurts. She has so much mucus that she throws up every time they feed her. She kept trying to chew on her IV, so they put this pink stretchy fabric over her arm.
She is attached to so many tubes it is hard to hold her, so most of the time they just prop her up to feed her.
Landon brought her mobile from home to make her stay more enjoyable. Megan is staying here day and night. Landon spends the night at the hospital and goes home early in the morning to shower and go to work, then he comes straight to the hospital after work. I wanted to take a picture of them with Dagny and they said, "We don't know how to look, we don't want to smile because this isn't a happy time. We don't want to look like we are enjoying this." I told them they were funny and we all ended up laughing, so they are smiling. The ironic thing is Landon was hospitalized with RSV when he was 6 weeks old. I didn't take as many pictures back then as I do now, so I don't have any pictures of it.
Delwyn and I had to wear masks. It wasn't very comfortable, it gets quite hot and stuffy in there! I am glad I am not in the medical profession, I would not want to wear one of these every day! But I am thankful for those people who chose to study medicine and the body and can take care of us when we are sick or something isn't working right. I am also thankful for the advance of technology and medicine. When Landon was a baby, they put a tent over his crib and filled the air with steam and humidity. They don't do that now, they use breathing treatments. So glad Dagny is doing better and will be home soon!




No comments:
Post a Comment