Friday, August 8, 2014

Paddle Boarding at Evergreen Lake

 
 
Erin is a girl of adventure and she invited us to Evergreen Lake to go paddle boarding. She is pretty good at taking selfies, so we were all able to get in the picture.



 Evergreen Lake is about 45 minutes from Castle Rock. It is in the mountains and it is beautiful!


 
There is a trail that goes around the lake, it is about a mile and is a nice walk. Part of the lake is surrounded by this boardwalk.

 
Another picture of the lake with the mountains in the background. 

 
Somehow we got off the trail for hiking and ended up on this path that is mostly used by fishermen. We came to a big pile of rocks and had to turn around.

 
 There were quite a few ducks in the lake.

 
All the paddleboards were rented out, so rented a pedal boat while we waited. Erin and I played a trick on Britta and Ryan and started pedaling backwards. They were pedaling with all their might and we just kept going around in little circles. They caught on after just a minute or two and we all had a good laugh.

 
 It was a little intimidating at first to try and stand up and keep your balance, so we stayed on our knees for a few minutes.

 
 Britta was the first one to try standing up. It is a bit of a process. Get up on one foot, then the other,

 
and very slowly straighten until

 
 you are standing up!

 
 Ryan is getting the hang of it.

 
I love the sky in this picture! A few clouds rolled in during the afternoon. A few sprinkles scared a lot of people away and we practically had the lake to ourselves! Britta decided she wanted to try doing a handstand on her board...

 
 She was pretty good at it! I thought for sure she would lose her balance and tumble into the water.

 
 Ryan did take a fall into the water, but quickly got back on.

 
Britta and Ryan got on the same board for a little bit. 

 
 I think I have found a new hobby! I love paddle boarding! It is a powerful feeling to stand on the water and move yourself forward.

 
 Paddle boards are so versatile--you can kneel, sit, or stand on them. We even laid down and watched the clouds for a few minutes.

 
Erin has a bad knee from a snowmobile accident, so she couldn't stand on her board. She had a lot of fun just sitting down and we talked about trying to buy our own boards so that next summer we would ready to go anytime!
 
 
We rented our boards for an hour, and it was so much fun that when our time was up, we decided to do a second hour. I just love the water! I have always enjoyed swimming and spending time at the pool or at a lake.  It is so relaxing and carefree for me to be around water. What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment