Saturday, December 10, 2011

Trail of Lights

Delwyn works at Lockheed Martin and occasionally they give free tickets to their employees for various events.  This time it was for the Trail of Lights at the Denver Botanical Gardens at Chatfield.  I was very excited to go and see all the lights, especially when we got close and could see parts of the display from the road.
There were thousand of lights on every tree, which were wrapped so tightly and close together that every branch was lit up.
It was just amazing!  There was snow on the ground, but there were sidewalks and trails to walk on that wound through the display.
There was a barn and silo that was all lit up.  The fence was also covered in lights.
Inside the barn, we were treated to a catered dinner, BBQ for the adults and hot dogs for the kids, along with salads, rolls, and brownies.  Yum!!
They gave us 3-D glasses that made some of the lights look like stars.
This tree was probably my favorite.  I love blue!
There was a tree house the kids could play in.  Christmas music was playing and it was very festive.  We decided this would be a fun place to come for a summer picnic.


They were giving horse drawn covered wagon rides.  The line was quite long, but Ryan really wanted to do it.  It was pretty cold, even for Colorado, and we got a blanket out of the car.  Ryan and I were the only ones brave enough to wait in the cold.  The others claimed they were frozen and went to the car.  It was a fun evening!

1 comment:

  1. Those lights look neat! I think I've been there before in the summer, and you're right, it is really pretty. Love Dad's orange gloves!

    ReplyDelete