Friday, July 3, 2020

Washington Park and Fondue Night


Since the 4th of July is on a Saturday, Denya and Landon both had today off and Denya wanted to do something fun. We wanted to think of something Britta could do since she still has stitches and is wearing her surgery shoes. We decided on Washington Park. We did the paddle boats first. 


Dagny and Lincoln were so excited to get life jackets on, and they were so cute hugging each other.


Ryan was not excited to wear a life jacket.


We're off to paddle around the lake!


Lincoln really wanted to pedal, but he's not quite big enough. Landon and Megan are going to get a good work out since only 2 people will be pedaling their boat.


My cute girls!


We switched up passengers in the middle of the lake and Britta and Dagny traded places.


When we left home we were planning on riding the surrey bikes and hadn't talked about the boats, but Megan and the kids really wanted to go for a boat ride. Good thing Megan had grocery bags for Britta to wrap her feet with. We all gave her strict orders that she didn't need to pedal, but she did a little bit anyway.


It was fun to have Dagny on our boat. We looked around at all the people and the pretty scenery. The rental was for one hour. We had to pedal quite hard and the boats were slow moving, but it was fun!


We had a blast on the surrey bike! It was a little crowded, but it was more fun to all be together, and we were definitely noticed by people walking and jogging in the park. We got several smiles and laughs.


The kids fit perfectly in these little seats in the front.


Landon was in charge of the steering and the brakes. There were a few slight curves and corners and a slight down hill. It was a little freaky to have a steering wheel that didn't move the bike when I turned it. We all screamed a couple of times going around the corners and down the hill. There was a lot of laughing as well.


The girls were taking selfies.


The back seat gang. 


Our happy group! The people in the middle don't pedal, just the four corner seats. Megan and I switched, so we both had a turn. I didn't feel like I was pedaling much and I think Landon and Ryan did most of the work.


The boats were fun, but the surrey bikes were definitely the winner!
The weather was perfect! A little overcast and cloudy, so pleasant. I thought for sure it would be pretty hot. A great afternoon!


I have wanted to try fondue at home ever since we went to the Melting Pot for my birthday and decided tonight was the perfect time. Delwyn grilled some chicken and steak since I'm not sure I want to try cooking the meat in a fondue pot like they do in restaurants. We tried a cheese recipe that was on Pinterest and used French bread cubes, carrots, broccoli, and green apples to dip. I also dipped my meat and that was tasty too.


It was really stretchy!! Not sure if we used to much cheese or not enough chicken broth. We added some more liquid and it was better, but still pretty stretchy.


Yum!


I don't think Delwyn was a big fan of our meal, but he was good sport about it all.


The chocolate fondue was heavenly! We dipped some brownie bites, cheesecake bites, marshmallows, and graham crackers, as well as fruit. The bananas really hit the spot for me tonight. On my birthday I liked the pineapple the best. We packed a lot of fun into this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment