Monday, February 17, 2020

President's Day Cousin Fun


Melissa invited us to come and play at their house today since there is no school. The cousins love to play together and the basement is a kids dream with all the fun toys and dress up clothes they have.
Austin's family got this cat about a month ago and his name is Beau. Lincoln LOVES cats and was so excited to finally get to see him and pet him.


Claire told me that Beau could shake hands. I was a little skeptical because I have never seen a cat shake before. I think that is a dog trick. Maybe it was coincidence or maybe this cat does know how to shake, but when Claire put her hand out, Beau lifted his paw! Smart cat! I was impressed!


More cat paw/hand shaking.


The girls love art--drawing, coloring, water coloring, and Claire and Millie both have pretty fancy art kits that they won at school. Even Maddie is learning how to use a brush. Lincoln wasn't interested and was happy to play down the basement by himself.


Healthy girls eating carrot sticks for lunch!


Sandwiches for Lincoln and Millie.


Austin has the perfect sledding hill right in his backyard and the kids spent quite a bit of time sledding. It's a steep climb to the top.


Claire and Dagny shared a round sled. Ready, set,


GO!! They came whizzing down faster than I expected, but Dagny loved it and was ready to go again immediately.


Millie has a pink rectangular sled that she shared with Lincoln. Sometimes they slid together and sometimes they went separately. 


A small crash into the fence, but no injuries.
Melissa made some delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies for us after the sledding.


The kids were playing downstairs when I told them it was time to go. Millie and Dagny were sitting on the couch next to each other and they grabbed each other in a fierce bear hug and  said, "NO!!" and begged to play longer. They were so cute sitting there hugging each other so hard. I love these kids with all my heart and I'm so glad they get to grow up together!

No comments:

Post a Comment