Teaching Dagny to pedal and ride a bike has been such a big challenge!! I couldn't even get her to pedal a trike last summer. She wouldn't even pedal a whole rotation before she would get frustrated and just insist that she couldn't do it. She would jump off her bike and run to her scooter. We bought this little bike with training wheels thinking it might be a bit easier, but same story. She just refused! My kids learned to pedal so easily and so quickly, I can't understand why is it so hard for her.
The weather has been so nice the past few days and I have really wanted to take the kids outside. I had a lot to do to get ready for Christmas and I had Calista, so I kept talking myself out of it. Today I couldn't resist any longer.
I told Dagny she was 5 now, and she was big enough to pedal, and sure enough--she did it!! She struggles a bit sometimes to get going and she sometimes gets stuck on an uneven spot, but she can ride now!
I don't know who was more excited--me or Dagny! I'm already dreaming of summer days riding bikes around the cul-de-sac!
No comments:
Post a Comment