Friday, October 4, 2019

Sierra's Wedding



Sierra Porras married Blake Hartley today. I just love the Porras family! About 7 or 8 years ago the Woodlands Ward was dissolved and we became part of the Castle Rock Ward again. I was called to be the Young Women's 1st Counselor and that's when I first met the Porras girls and their parents. Young Womens is so intimidating to me. I consider myself serious and practical and not as fun loving and cheerful as most Young Women leaders are. The Porras girls were so nice to me, talking to me, and asking to sit by me. It wasn't long before they held a special place in my heart. Sierra and my Blake were the same age and Sierra and Britta are very close friends even though Chloe is the Porras who is Britta's age and they are friends too.

They always invite us to special events and treat us like family. We were honored to be invited to the sealing.


Blake is from Boise, Idaho and they met at Utah State. They are so cute together!


Sierra is the oldest of 6 girls and all the sisters are bridesmaids. Chloe, Amelia, Rose, Naomi, and Theresa. Such beautiful girls!




Such a beautiful bride! And she's so happy!


The Porras family. Tony's parents live in the area and we have met them at different events. They are always so friendly to us.


It was a super sunny day, so we're both a little squinty. I love this girl and I'm so, so happy for her today.


They were sealed in the Ft. Collins temple as the Denver temple is closed right now for some remodeling. This is my first time coming to this temple, and it is big and beautiful!


I don't know which I love more, the fountain or the flowers!


I planted some flowers like this in my back yard, but mine haven't expanded as much as these have. Flowers at the temple are always so beautiful, I swear there is heavenly soil there that makes everything well so big and pretty.


A close up just because I thought  they were so beautiful. 



Sierra and Blake had a reception that night at a club house in a housing development in Parker. It was really a cute place. Chic Fil A catered their refreshments. Such a fun idea and so tasty! They also had little bundt cakes that were to die for!
Here's to a long, happy life together and I wish that all your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment