Thursday, August 8, 2019

Ryan is a Senior


I can't believe Ryan is a senior!!  When he was born, Austin was just finishing up his junior year of high school and we were talking about how Austin would graduate the next year in 2003. We figured out that Ryan would graduate in 2020 and that sounded so far away. We were barely starting the 2000's and now it's almost here!

This is actually the second day of school. The high school started a new tradition a couple of years ago where the seniors do a sunrise hike of the Castle Rock on the first day of their senior year and a sunset hike on the last day of their senior year. So yesterday Ryan left home at 4:45 am since the hike was starting at 5:00 am. I wasn't getting up that early to take a picture, plus it would be dark. Haha. Ryan wasn't too keen on getting his picture taken and he told me to just hurry up so he could go to school.


I guess it is now a thing for high school kids to get a kid backpack, so this is the one Ryan got. It is nice when kids are big enough to go to the store and buy their own school supplies. I thought this backpack was quite cute and so did Dagny. When she saw it on the table she asked if it was for her and was quite disappointed when I said, "No." Have a great senior year Ryan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment