I was pleasantly surprised when Ryan wanted to swim with the Castle Rock Cruisers again this summer. I thought since he was lifeguarding now, maybe he wouldn't want to. He is in the 15-18 boys group now and there are still quite a few boys that swim.
One nice thing about the Cruisers is that you can choose your level of commitment. You can attend as many practices and meets as you want. Swimming with the high school is quite intense. They practice 5 days a week after school for an hour and half, so it's nice this is so low key.
Ryan decided to just wear his suit and cap from the school team this summer.
Ready to go! Swim fast!
These first pictures were taken at Butterfield Pool in Castle Rock. They re-modeled and there is now a pergola over the diving blocks and line up area. It is really nice to have some shade for the swimmers and timers.
I remember when Ryan first started swimming and I loved to watch the 15-18 boys. They were so big and fast and powerful in the water. And just like that my boy is one of those that are so fun to watch!
I didn't get any end of the season banquet pictures. It was a fun summer of swimming!
No comments:
Post a Comment