We always go to Utah for a few days between Christmas and New Year's. In all the years since I've been married, 33 to be exact, I can only think of two times that I haven't come. One was the year Landon got married on December 29 in California, and we didn't come last year. It just doesn't seem like Christmas if I don't spend some time here. Sometimes part of the family stays home, but I have only missed those two years. Britta stayed home this year. She really, really wanted to go the New Year's Dance the church puts on for the youth. Mom gave the kids money this year. She says she is out of ideas for teenage gifts. She has given jackets, pajamas, tee-shirts, and sweat pants over the years.
Blake gives Grandma her present from us.
New towels!
One of our favorite things about coming here for Christmas--the chimes!! Those who live here do the nativity story and the chimes before Christmas. We have our turn when we get here. Not the Nativity, since Christmas is over, but we do play the chimes.
Mom has charts of songs. Each chime has a number and she points as we go along. When she points at your number on the chart, you hit your chime with a spoon.
Gordon's family lives out of town as well, so there are here for a visit too.
Mom is famous for her homemade candy! It's one of the things we love most about coming here during the holidays. I was slow getting a picture, the plate had gone around the room a couple of times. My favorites are coconut balls and turtles.
My Grandpa Taylor loved the card game Rook and always wanted to play a few hands whenever he came to visit. I learned to play in my youth and I have taught my kids. It's one of their favorite games. You play as a team and Mom and Denya were the winners of this game!
No comments:
Post a Comment