Monday, September 19, 2011

I'm Joining the Blogging World!

I am now a Grandma!  I have spent a fabulous week getting acquainted with my new grand daughter, Claire Brianne, in Plano, Texas.  She was born September 8, 2011 at 10:58 pm, weighing 8 lbs. 13 oz. and was 20 inches long.  It has been so fun to hold her, snuggle her, and love her.  I got to help with her first bath and everyday we have dressed her up in cute outfits.  She is a very contented, happy baby.  I am going home today and I hope that Claire remembers me the next time she sees me.  Most of my babies were very attached to me and didn't like anyone else until they were about two years old.  We hope Claire didn't inherit that trait.  We won't get to see her that often and we will want to hug her and love her like crazy when we do.

Melissa's family are all bloggers and it has been so fun to read their blogs, it's the next best thing to being there!  When Austin and Melissa got married he told me he was marrying into a family of bloggers, so he decided he had better blog to fit in.  Now I am jumping into the blogging world just because it's such a fun way to keep in touch.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you have a blog! Now we can check up on each other, and see what is going on. I'm so happy you were able to come and visit, and spoil our little girl, she just loves you! :) We will miss you when you leave tonight. But hopefully now that we both have blogs, we will all be able to keep updated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi said: Welcome to the World of Bloggers!! :) (this wouldn't let me comment in the regular way, I don't know why)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog! Look how good you do! I'm still adjusting to you being "Grandma Palmer", I still think of Dad's mom as "Grandma Palmer"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging Shanna! And congrats on the grandbaby! Grandma told me all your blog addresses so I'll have to follow you all!

    ReplyDelete